.

Saturday, August 16, 2008

What Has Been Lost - GBE 49

This subject took me away from my norm; out of my comfort zone. In my life, I have not lost much, but I have, like most everyone, lost family, friends, love, money, innocence and inhibitions. I'm frequently at a loss for words and sometimes, on those rare occasions, I'll lose my mind. ;P



As I sit searching for appropriate quotes, I hear a hoot owl out in the trees. *peaceful* This was a challenge, but I hope you enjoy.





Photobucket




"Death is not the greatest loss in life. The greatest loss is what dies inside us while we live." ~ Norman Cousins




Photobucket




"Loss is nothing else but change, and change is Nature's delight." ~ Marcus Aurelius




Photobucket




"I am responsible. Although I may not be able to prevent the worst from happening, I am responsible for my attitude toward the inevitable misfortunes that darken life. Bad things do happen; how I respond to them defines my character and the quality of my life. I can choose to sit in perpetual sadness, immobilized by the gravity of my loss, or I can choose to rise from the pain and treasure the most precious gift I have – life itself." ~ Walter Anderson




Photobucket




"Through zeal, knowledge is gotten; through lack of zeal, knowledge is lost; let a man who knows the double path of gain and loss thus place himself that knowledge may grow." ~ Buddha




Photobucket




"Real loss only occurs when you lose something that you love more than yourself" ~ Anonymous




Photobucket




"Riches do not exhilarate us so much with their possession as they torment us with their loss." ~ Epicurus




Photobucket




"Gain and loss, birth and death are in the hands of God." ~ Sri Sathya Sai Baba




Photobucket




"I have learned that some of the nicest people you'll ever meet are those who have suffered a traumatic event or loss. I admire them for their strength, but most especially for their life gratitude - a gift often taken for granted by the average person in society." ~ Sasha Azevedo




Photobucket




Listen to this, and I'll tell you 'bout the heartache...

I'll tell you 'bout the heartache and the loss of God...


I'll tell you 'bout the hopeless night
...

The meager food for souls forgot...


I'll tell you 'bout the maiden with raw iron soul.

~ Jim Morrison ~ The WASP (Texas Radio and The Big Beat)





Photobucket




"There's a bit of magic in everything, and some loss to even things out." ~ Lou Reed




Photobucket




"I didn't lose my mind, it was mine to give away." ~ Robbie Williams




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~




This is my submission to the GBE. This week's topic is What Has Been Lost.
The GBE, or Group Blogging Experience is great fun. Each week (usually on Tuesday) we are given a general topic by our fearless leader Alicia and we have until that Saturday to blog about it. Say whatever you want. Silly, serious, true, fiction, debate.... whatever. It's up to you. If your interested just
go to Alicia's Blog and check it out. If you want to participate comment her blog saying "I'm in", that's it. No big sign up or anything. You blog and she'll link to your blog and everyone else's on Saturday.



Make sure you're not private though. So that everyone can read your blog.


No comments: