.

Monday, March 9, 2009

The Colors of Childhood

Katy posted a tag blog that she saw from Marian called The Colors of Childhood and I was one of the people she tagged You can find Marian's blog here: Click, Clack and Katy's here: Click, Clock

Blue: The color of the ocean water when I'd go to the beach. Either the Atlantic or the Gulf. I loved the beach then and still love it to this day.

Green: The color of those oak leaves I got to see clearly again as I was walking out of the eye doctor's when I got my glasses. An awesome feeling.

Gray:
The color of the sky as an afternoon thunderstorm was approaching. An everyday occurrence in Florida, accompanied with lots of lightning.

Brown:
The color of my leisure suit. Hey, I was a child of the seventies, are you really surprised?

Yellow: The color of the sun in the sky: either at the beach or at those secret places where my friends and I played. In Florida, the sun is everywhere.

Black:
The color of one of my favorite albums. "Back in Black" (I consider my teens still my childhood. I was still growing to become the man I am.)

Red:
The color of my bike. The first one without training wheels. Man, did I skin my knees and elbows, but I was determined to ride "like the big boys."

Orange: The color of those "things" hanging on so many of the trees down here. They tasted so good, and we didn't need to go to a grocery to get them. :D

No comments: