.

Saturday, August 26, 2023

Letter to my Younger Self

Me at 16; I lost my 7th grade yearbook to a waterbreak.



Hello younger me.

Just a heads up... Life is not going to go the way you have planned. You are a planner by nature, and you will only become more of one as you age. Here are some things that I would have liked to have known going into 7th grade. Below are suggestions for just the next 3 years (7th - 9th grades):

    1) First off, enjoy your time in middle school. Thank goodness you don't have social media to follow you home. Home is going to become your refuge.

    2) In elementary, you were happy go lucky but the world is a cruel place. (Shocker, I know!!!) 7th and 8th grades are going to be hell for you. You are going to be bullied.

    3) Don't go crushin' on CD. She is out of your league and when you ask her out, don't be surprised when she laughs.

    4) Do NOT rock on the tetherball pole with MH. When he jumps off, you will get hit on your forehead. That one event will forever change your life and how you live it.

    5) Ages 14, 15, & 16 are going to be the most difficult ones for you. When it comes time for 10th grade you have found yourself. You will become a bridge between "cliques", being welcomed into the brains, the jocks, the band, and the stoners. But events are going to happen in the latter years of HS that will forever change the way you live your life.

    But you will survive.

    Oh... btw... keep the thought of trade school in the back of your mind. College is not for everyone.

5 comments:

Christine said...

I love that end tidbit! Trade school is a good thing๐Ÿฅฐ

Beth said...

This totally makes me want more details. ALL the details!

NiceInOhio said...

Amen to not having social networking in high school. The Polaroids were bad enough! And I find myself wondering what all those "other" things you alluded to are. Like the tether ball incident and the latter years of high school.

AliciaoftheGBE said...

Nice! I was kinda thinking back to my time in high school, and I think I was also friends with people from different cliques throughout the years. and also just with under or upperclassmen.

Donna said...

I enjoyed reading this letter & like the others I'm intrigued to discover more ๐Ÿ˜