.

Saturday, September 9, 2023

What Was My Motivation When Joining The GBE, And What Did I Hope To Get Out Of It?

The prompt was "WHAT WAS YOUR MOTIVATION IN JOINING THE GROUP, AND WHAT DO YOU HOPE TO GET OUT OF IT?"

It all goes back to a few days before Friday, July 4, 2008 and my first blog for the GBE - Independence - GBE 44.

I had been an avid reader of the blogs and I sometimes commented on certain ones, OKAY... so I was a lurker. lol.

A couple of bloggers both gently urged me to join in; to go ahead and blog.

I was SOOOO nervous hitting that POST button, but it was worth it. I had hoped to find a sense of community and I did. I met so many people in GBE #1 that I continued to have friendships with after the mass migration.

As for my motivations, I have lost touch with them. C'est la vie.

6 comments:

Beth said...

Reconnecting with old friends is a great reason to return to the Land of Blog.

Kev said...

Yes it is. I am going to PM you.

Lady J said...

I’m new to this, and I’m hoping to find that kind of community as well. ❤️

NiceInOhio said...

Yeah, those bloggers kinda suck you into their world. Next thing you know, you're an addict!

Christine said...

LURKER👀🤣🤣🤣
So many times those eyeballs were my only comment (never in the GBE, though.)
Glad to see you here, my friend 🥰

AliciaoftheGBE said...

Perhaps you will reconnect with some of those you lost touch with, or better yet, add some new connections to the mix. either way, it's good to see you back and blogging. I look forward to more music-related blogs from you.