.

Sunday, December 28, 2008

Lonely People ~ This is for you... for me...for us.

Photobucket



Lately, I have been reading and hearing how friends of mine and people I don't even know are lonely; sad; heartbroken; played. This has caused me to take a long look at my life. Some would call it soul-searching.

I will admit that I feel lonely at times. I can be in the middle of a crowd and feel so alone. At times I do feel that life has passed me by. That I will never have the love of another. Yet I love myself. I enjoy my own company. Aren't you supposed to love yourself before you can love another?

This is a major step for me. For those of you who know me, you know I am not one to reveal my feelings. I try and keep them hidden deep inside me. I don't do the greatest;
*my heart is on my sleeve*
*my face reveals what I am thinking*
*my words I must, I have to choose carefully*


But I have decided to accept the fact that I MIGHT have to live my biggest fear. That fear? Being without anyone to love or be loved by. But now that I have accepted it, it really is no longer a fear. The weight is off me.

Does this mean I have given up?


Does this mean I will no longer try?

Does this mean I won't feel a tug at my heart when I see a happy smiling couple?

No, I definitely won't give up. No, I still will try. And yes, I will still feel that little tug. I am just not going to dwell on it. I will enjoy my own company for now, until I find someone who will enjoy it also and who I can share it with. Who I can love, and be loved in return. I know someone is out there. With my little quirks and idiosyncrasies, it will take quite a patient and caring woman. One thing I do have is patience.
Someday...

Please don't think I wrote this for comments saying "poor you". I wrote this for all of us; just a little bonus of me sharing me. :)
The following is for all who are feeling hurt. May you find whatever it is you are searching for.

Peace ~ Kevin






This is for all the lonely people
Thinking that life has passed them by
Don't give up until you drink from the silver cup
And ride that highway in the sky

This is for all the single people
Thinking that love has left them dry

Don't give up until you drink from the silver cup

You never know until you try


Well, I'm on my way

Yes, I'm back to stay

Well, I'm on my way back home (hit it)


This is for all the lonely people

Thinking that life has passed them by

Don't give up until you drink from the silver cup

And never take you down or never give you up


You never know until you try

No comments: