.

Saturday, October 18, 2008

GBE 58 - AFFECTION

Affection. I long for it; who doesn't? I found a quote that said it all to me. So, only one pic, one quote, and one wish that someday I'll find this. Merriam-Webster's defines it as follows:

Main Entry: af·fec·tion

Pronunciation: ..ə-ˈfek-shən..

Function: noun

Etymology: Middle English, from Anglo-French affection, from Latin affection-, affectio, from afficere

Date: 13th century

1: a moderate feeling or emotion

2: tender attachment: fondness (she had a deep affection for her parents)

3 a (1): a bodily condition (2): disease, malady b: attribute (shape and weight are affections of bodies)

4 obsolete: partiality , prejudice

5: the feeling aspect (as in pleasure) of consciousness

6 a: propensity, disposition

b archaic : affectation 1

7: the action of affecting: the state of being affected



Photobucket




"It's not till sex has died out between a man and a woman that they can really love. And now I mean affection. Now I mean to be fond of (as one is fond of oneself) --to hope, to be disappointed, to live inside the other heart. When I look back on the pain of sex, the love like a wild fox so ready to bite, the antagonism that sits like a twin beside love, and contrast it with affection, so deeply unrepeatable, of two people who have lived a life together (and of whom one must die) it's the affection I find richer. It's that I would have again. Not all those doubtful rainbow colors."
~ Enid Bagnold

Not that I don't also want "the pain of sex, the love like a wild fox so ready to bite, the antagonism that sits like a twin beside love". But to find someone to grow old with..........

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is my submission to the GBE. This week's topic is Affection.
The GBE, or Group Blogging Experience is great fun. Each week (usually on Tuesday) we are given a general topic by our fearless leader Alicia and we have until that Saturday to blog about it. Say whatever you want. Silly, serious, true, fiction, debate.... whatever. It's up to you. If your interested just go to Alicia's Blog and and check it out. If you want to participate comment her blog saying "I'm in", that's it. No big sign up or anything. You blog and she'll link to your blog and everyone else's on Saturday.

Make sure you're not private though. So that everyone can read your blog.

No comments: