.

Friday, January 2, 2009

GBE-69 - I Resolve To...

I haven't really resolved to do anything. After some soul searching at Christmas, I decided that I don't need to change myself to be liked. I will be me, I will not conform. You know me and quotes. One that came to mind was "To thine own self, be true." - Shakespeare (Hamlet) inspired by Socrates (Know Thyself). I have always loved that quote, but it was not something I aspired to do. Now it is. I am who I am.

Right now, I am smiling.

Here are a few other quotes. Then, enjoy this video. Great song and more great quotes. :D

"Conform and be dull." ~ James Frank Dobie

"I'm not going to change the way I look or the way I feel to conform to anything. I've always been a freak. So I've been a freak all my life and I have to live with that, you know. I'm one of those people." ~ John Lennon

"The reward for conformity is that everyone likes you but yourself." ~ Rita Mae Brown







I wish everyone Peace, Love and Happiness as we move on into 2009. ~ Kevin

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is my submission to the GBE. This week's topics are

"I RESOLVE TO..."
-or-
"MY BEST/WORST LIST FOR 2008"


The GBE, or Group Blogging Experience is great fun. Each week (usually on Tuesday) we are given a general topic by our fearless leader Alicia and we have until that Saturday to blog about it. Say whatever you want. Silly, serious, true, fiction, debate.... whatever. It's up to you.

If your interested just go to
Alicia's Blog and and check it out. If you want to participate comment her blog saying "I'm in", that's it. No big sign up or anything. You blog and she'll link to your blog and everyone else's on Saturday.

Make sure you're not private so that everyone can read your blog.


No comments: