.

Saturday, December 8, 2007

Thoughts and musings on the Power of Words


Current mood: contemplative

Sometimes I think that we don't know the power of those little things we string together to form sentences. They can bring a smile to someone's face or a tear to their eye. What really sucks is when you say something and it is misunderstood. When I say something, it is only meant in a good way. When I offer advice, albeit unsolicited, it is not in a malicious manner. You can mean well and ......

Henry Brooks Adams said "No man means all he says, and yet very few say all they mean, for words are slippery and thought is viscous."

What got me started thinking on this? It was lyrics I heard from the song "Sing For The Moment" by Eminem.

"Yet everybody just feels like they can relate, I guess words are a mothafucka they can be great. Or they can degrade, or even worse they can teach hate''

Surprisingly profound.



No comments: